How do I Start a Team
If you want to start a new RCRL team, you need a few things.
1. For all divisions (except C2), you need an initial group of eleven (11) women who want to play tennis together. A solid team should consist of about 12 -14 people who can play pretty consistently since you will have to have eight (8) play every week.
2. You’ll need to decide which division your team fits into, so talk to your club pro and get some input. All the ladies on the team have to meet the requirements for the team, so check their USTA rating if they have one to make sure no one is rated too high to play at the level you pick. Pro-verification is available for any new RCRL players without a USTA rating. Consult the Complete RCRL rules in the drop down tab above for level requirements.
3. Talk to your club and have them guarantee a match time which is 2 hours on your divisions match day.
4. Fill out a Letter of Intent (found under the FORMS tab) which tells us your club, match time, players and other information. Fill this form out as completely as you can. Make sure you follow the directions, and if you have questions, ask the Division Director.
5. Mail or submit that Letter of Intent by June 8 for the following fall season. Once the board approves the team applications (sometime in June), you will have to have your team members register on www.tennispoint.com. There’s a big 'TennisPoint' button on the home page that will take you there.
6. If your team is approved, the Data Administrator or Division Director will contact you when on-line registration is open. You’ll have until July 15 to get at least eleven (11) teammates registered. That has to be done by credit card. Specific directions for this step are sent by the Data Administrator when registration opens.
7. Get ready to play!!!
The complete rules for starting a team are located in the Rules of RCRL tab above. As always, if you need help, anyone on the board will be glad to answer questions. Just shoot us an e-mail or pick up the phone.